Enhance Your Products With Moulding Solutions
Quanex offers a wide variety of millwork solutions, including cabinet wood mouldings, furniture mouldings and much more. Our expertise in woodworking and our wide variety of species and finishes enable you to find the right finishing touches for your product. Deliver outstanding aesthetic details and high quality with your products.
Our Architectural Wood Mouldings are available in the following species:
- African mahogany
- American beech
- American cherry
- American walnut
- Baltic birch
- Black ash
- Black locust
- Brazilian cherry
- Burmese teak
- Douglas fir, vertical or mixed grain
- European steamed beech
- Hard maple
- Hemlock, vertical or mixed grain
- Honduran (genuine) mahogany
- Lodgepole pine
- Nootka cypress (Alaskan cedar)
- Ponderosa pine
- Red birch
- Red oak, plain, quarter or rift-sawn
- Santos mahogany
- Soft maple
- Southern yellow pine
Mouldings are available in the following finishes:
- SmoothWood Technology – Produces high-quality, ready-to-finish surfaces that save our customers time and resources. SmoothWood Technology also softens knife marks, reduces shine, opens the wood grain and provides a uniform surface for staining, clear coating or painting.
- Preservative Treating – Water-based preservatives can be applied that exceed the WDMA IS4 standard for Water-Repellant Preservative, Nonpressure Treatment for Millwork.
- FSC®-Certified products are available, which provide internationally recognized, standard setting trademark assurance and accreditation services for companies, organizations and communities interested in responsible forestry.
- FSC® C017151
- All species are Lacy Act-compliant to help protect against deforestation and illegal logging practices.
Cabinet and Furniture Mouldings
Quanex offers custom cabinet and furniture mouldings, featuring an exacting production process that can help you achieve detailed and beautiful, complex aesthetics. Our proprietary SmoothWood sanding operation was developed to create a finish unmatched by any other mill. It provides you with stain-ready components, reducing typical knife marks, shine lines and hard spots to provide reliable products for your production line.
Architectural Wood Mouldings
A True Choice for a Variety of Applications
With more than 1,000 architectural moulding profiles and more than 30 wood species available, our products give customers a true choice for casing, base, chair rail, cap, crown, cover, hand rail, S4S and eased-edge S4S mouldings. Our Luck, Wisconsin, facility is a leader in high-end interior mouldings, also serving finger-jointed, primed and painted markets. If your project requires exact replicas of the existing architecture, our engineering department will expertly create profiles from your drawing or a sample.