SuperCapSR™ Exterior Color Technology
Born from military infrared reflective technology, Quanex’s SuperCapSR™ Exterior Color Technology is a patented, co-extruded colorant system, creating a molecularly fused color layer that becomes an integral part of the profile. It absorbs less heat to help prevent heat-related profile distortion, offering outstanding color retention that lasts a lifetime.
Unlike painted vinyl, the tough acrylic color layer is 12 times more scratch-resistant and durable to withstand delivery and installation handling. SuperCapSR™ is field weather-tested in Florida, Arizona and Kentucky and meets AAMA 614 color-hold standards and AAMA 615 durability standards.
SuperCapSR™ is available on a number of Quanex window and door systems, offering bold colors to complement your next-generation, high-performance window system. Special color options may be available; contact your Quanex sales representative for information.
- Co-extruded, thermally fused acrylic color layers
- Meets AAMA 615 durability standards, testing to 12 times harder than competitive paint coatings
- Breakthrough performance, reflecting 76% of infrared light
- Available colors to match popular clad-wood, providing added flexibility when developing window packages for upscale homes: Architectural Bronze, Black and Silver
- Superior surface durability
- Long-lasting colors, 450% thicker than typical paint layers
- Will not crack, chip, flake or chalk
- Highly scratch-resistant, handles job site abuse better than paint, saving time and cost
- Meets ASTM D3363 standards for surface hardness in pencil hardness units
- SuperCapSR™ is 12 times harder than competitive paint coatings
- Most automotive color coatings range from 4H to 6H
- Most paint color coatings range from 2B to H
Mikron Product Literature
This page was last updated on June 2, 2023. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.