Solid Wood Window Components
If you can dream it, we can help you make it. With a highly skilled engineering staff and more than 30 wood species, Quanex provides moldings for virtually every wood part of a window system, including wood window jambs, wood window sashes and glazing stop profiles, wood window stiles and rails, wood window frames, wood window grilles, and bow/bay roof skirts. Everything we make is held to our tight, exacting manufacturing tolerances, helping you ensure long-term quality your customers can count on.
And with the help of our Mounds View, Minn., facility, we offer OEMs a complete, custom, ready-to-assemble window unit, including removable or tape-applied grilles.
We offer more than 30 wood species, and other new species can also be obtained through our current well-established mills:
- African mahogany
- American beech
- American cherry
- American walnut
- Baltic birch
- Black ash
- Black locust
- Brazilian cherry
- Burmese teak
- Douglas fir, vertical or mixed grain
- European steamed beech
- Hard maple
- Hemlock, vertical or mixed grain
- Honduran (genuine) mahogany
- Lodgepole pine
- Nootka cypress (Alaskan cedar)
- Ponderosa pine
- Red birch
- Red oak, plain-, quarter- or rift-sawn
- Santos mahogany
- Soft maple
- Southern yellow pine
- Western red cedar
- White ash
- White oak, plain-, quarter- or rift-sawn
- Yellow birch
- Yellow poplar
We meet your specifications using the highest-quality steel or carbide for long-term consistency and ongoing moulding quality in a variety of finishes:
- SmoothWood Technology – Produces high-quality, ready-to-finish surfaces that save our customers’ time and resources. SmoothWood Technology also softens knife marks, reduces shine, opens the wood grain and provides a uniform surface for staining, clear coating or painting.
- Priming and Painting – Uses high-quality primer that hides and seals the substrate better than competitive products, helping customers complete the job with just one coat of paint.
- Preservative Treating – Water-based preservatives can be applied that exceed the WDMA, I.S.4 standard for Water-Repellant Preservative, Non-pressure Treatment for Millwork.
We’re committed to responsible sourcing of materials and the sustainability of our products:
- FSC® products are available which provide internationally recognized, standard-setting trademark assurance and accreditation services for companies, organizations and communities interested in responsible forestry.
- All products are CARB Phase II-certified to protect the air quality of homes.
- All species are Lacy Act Compliant to help protect against deforestation and illegal logging practices.
This page was last updated on October 28, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.