Quanex 5400 (K2) Sliding Patio Door System
For harsh weather conditions and wind, Quanex’s 5400 (K2) sliding patio door system meets and exceeds builders’ demands. With tested strength featuring MikronBlend® vinyl for durability and resistance to heat, impact and corrosion, the 5400 (K2) sliding glass door system is ideal for high-rise and coastal hurricane locations.
This system for commercial sliding glass doors has been thoroughly tested to American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) standards, achieving an LC-PG50 in multiple-panel configurations. It is manufactured with long-lasting, .10″-thick walled extrusions that will stand up to harsh weather conditions. The K2 door’s design includes equal glass and sight lines and multi-chambered profiles for strong welds and maximum thermal performance. Narrow- and wide-style design options are available. It can accept multiple glazing options, such as monolithic or insulated, and utilizes a variety of hardware options. It is also available with add-a-track extenders.
5400 (K2) Series commercial sliding patio doors are available with optional patent-pending SuperCapSR™ exterior color coating designed to prevent profile distortion from high outdoor temperatures and provide long-lasting, vibrant color.
- Acceptance of steel or aluminum reinforcing to meet heavy commercial, high-load applications
- Multichambered engineered profiles for tight corner welds and maximum thermal performance
- Dual-glazing system with Duralite® or Super Spacer® warm-edge spacer systems for superior UV and thermal protection against heat loss and solar heat gain
- Available styles include:
- Sliding patio door
- Two-, Three- and four-panel configurations up to 10′ high and 20′ wide
- Configurations: XO, OX, XX, OOX, OXO, XOO, OXXO
- Available finishes include:
- MikronBlend® solid vinyl colors: White, adobe, almond
- SuperCapSR™ exterior colors: Architectural bronze, black, silver
- Miami-Dade County certified
- ASTM E1886 and ASTM E1996 certified
- Ideal for commercial high-rise applications
- Tested strength encapsulated by durable, heat-reflecting, impact-resistant and corrosion-proof proprietary MikronBlend® vinyl
- 40% better insulating properties than aluminum frame patio doors
- Resistant to pitting, warping, rotting, corrosion, peeling and cracking
Structural Testing Sliding Glass Door (SGD)
AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
|Product||Nominal Size||Net Size(in.)||Configurations||Rating|
|2 Panel||10'0" x 8'0"||119-1/2" x 95-1/2"||XO, OX||HC 50|
|2 Panel||10'0" x 10'0"||119-1/2" x 119-1/2"||XO, OX||C 35|
|3 Panel||15'0" x 8'0"||181-13/16" x 95-1/2"||OOX, OXO, XOO||HC 45|
|3 Panel||15'0" x 10'0"||181-13/16" x 119-1/2"||OOX, OXO, XOO||C 35|
|4 Panel||20'0" x 10'0"||238-5/8" x 95-1/2"||OXXO||HC 40|
|4 Panel||20'0" x 10'0"||238-5/8 x 119-1/2"||OXXO||C 35|
This page was last updated on November 17, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.