Quanex 5400 (K2) Swing Patio Door System
For heavy wind loads and other harsh weather conditions, Quanex’s 5400 (K2) swing patio door system meets and exceeds builders’ demands. With tested strength featuring MikronBlend® vinyl for durability and resistance to heat, impact and corrosion, the 5400 (K2) commercial swing patio door system is ideal for high-rise and coastal hurricane locations.
This commercial in-swing door system has been thoroughly tested to the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) standards, achieving an LC-PG50 in multiple-panel configurations. It is manufactured with durable .100″-thick walled extrusions that stand up to harsh weather conditions. The K2 door’s design includes equal glass and sight lines and multi-chambered profiles for strong welds and maximum thermal performance. The frame can be mechanically assembled or welded, and the equal glass unit sightlines provide a more pleasing aesthetic look.
5400 (K2) Series patio Doors are offered with optional patent-pending SuperCapSR™ exterior color coating designed to prevent profile distortion from high outdoor temperatures and provide long-lasting, vibrant color.
- Mechanical or welded assembly of frame
- Multichambered engineered profiles with long-lasting .100″-thick walls
- Dual-glazing system with Duralite® or Super Spacer® warm-edge spacer systems for superior UV and thermal protection against heat loss and solar heat gain
- Available styles include:
- In-swing patio door
- Out-swing patio door
- Configurations: X, XO, OX, XX
- Available finishes include:
- MikronBlend® solid vinyl colors: White, adobe, almond
- SuperCapSR™ exterior colors: Architectural bronze, black, silver
- Ideal for commercial high-rise applications
- Energy-efficient qualities contributing to USGBC/LEED points
- Tested strength encapsulated by durable, heat-reflecting, impact-resistant and corrosion-proof proprietary MikronBlend® vinyl
- 40% better insulating properties than aluminum frame patio doors
- Resistant to pitting, warping, rotting, corrosion, peeling and cracking
Structural Testing Sliding Glass Door (SGD)
AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
|Product||Nominal Size||Net Size(in.)||Configurations||Rating|
|1 Panel||3'0" x 8'0"||36" x 96"||X||C 30|
|2 Panel||6'4" x 8'0"||76" x 96"||XO||C 30|
|2 Panel||6'4" x 8'0"||76" x 96"||XX||C 30|
This page was last updated on November 17, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.