From the hot and dry Arizona desert to Florida’s heat and humidity to the temperature extremes in the Midwest and coastal areas, windows and patio doors made with Quanex’s proprietary MikronBlend® Vinyl are field proven to stand the test of time. This unique formulation can surpass strict industry measures for colorfastness and UV degradation, and it’s why you can depend on all Mikron vinyl profiles to deliver the highest levels of performance that your customers demand.
Windows featuring MikronBlend Vinyl won’t chalk or appreciably fade, even after years of weather and sun exposure. Industry standards prescribe ASTM test procedures that verify MikronBlend’s Delta-E performance—all backed by our industry-leading warranty.
To ensure premium quality, we perform accelerated weather tests using our Xenon-Arc QUV test chamber to ensure MikronBlend Vinyl performs to high standards—which backs up your reputation. We conduct extensive market testing with other available vinyl extrusions to ensure our performance meets the mark.
- Proprietary stainless steel tooling
- Semi-gloss finish
- Smooth finish that will not collect dirt and grime
- Premium lubricants and processing aids to ensure a free, uniform material flow through the extrusion process
- Proprietary extrusion tooling for distortion-free vinyl profiles
- Seamlessly integrated with Quanex SuperCapSR™ color technology to enhance colorfastness while minimizing vinyl frame distortion risk
Available colors include:
White, Adobe, Almond
- Meets AAMA Heat Resistance, Weatherability, Dimensional Stability, Impact Resistance, Tensile Strength, Weight Tolerance and Corner Weld tests
- Meets additional Quanex tests for: Resin and Additive Quality, Compound Uniformity, Heat Absorption, Accelerated Weathering, Deflection Temperature and Outdoor Exposure
- Passes smoke release and fire test requirements
- No VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions—our VOC Emission Factors test report summary is available upon request
- Tested to all applicable ASTM standards
- Distortion-free profiles
- Pleasing aesthetics
- Long-lasting looks requiring less frequent cleaning
- Exceptional performance against UV and heat buildup with optimal blending additives and greater material opacity
- Impact retention
North American Fenestration
This page was last updated on November 16, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.