SuperCapSR™ Exterior Color Technology
Born from military infrared reflective technology, Quanex’s SuperCapSR™ Exterior Color Technology is a patented, co-extruded colorant system, creating a molecularly fused color layer that becomes an integral part of the profile. It absorbs less heat to help prevent heat-related profile distortion, offering outstanding color retention that lasts a lifetime.
Unlike painted vinyl, the tough acrylic color layer is 12 times more scratch-resistant and durable to withstand delivery and installation handling. SuperCapSR is field weather-tested in Florida, Arizona and Kentucky, and meets AAMA 614 color-hold standards and AAMA 615 durability standards.
SuperCapSR is available on a number of Quanex window and door systems, offering bold colors to complement your next-generation, high-performance window system. Special color options may be available; contact your Quanex sales representative for information.
- Co-extruded, thermally fused acrylic color layers
- Meets AAMA 615 durability standards, testing to 12 times harder than competitive paint coatings
- Breakthrough performance, reflecting 76% of infrared light
- Available colors to match popular clad-wood, providing added flexibility when developing window packages for upscale homes: Architectural Bronze, Black and Silver
- Superior surface durability
- Long-lasting colors, 450% thicker than typical paint layers
- Will not crack, chip, flake or chalk
- Highly scratch-resistant, handles job site abuse better than paint, saving time and cost
- Meets ASTM D3363 standards for surface hardness in pencil hardness units
- SuperCapSR is 12 times harder than competitive paint coatings
- Most automotive color coatings range from 4H to 6H
- Most paint color coatings range from 2B to 9H
This page was last updated on November 18, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.