Edgetherm® 3500 Single-Part Butyl Sealant
Quanex’s Edgetherm® 3500 is a single-part butyl sealant that sets quickly from its molten state, allowing units to be moved from their assembly locations between two and five minutes after application and glazed the same day, helping you build greater efficiency into your fabrication process.
A combination of high output and fast heat-loss properties reduces the risk of corner defects for a complete seal around the unit. If you’re looking to improve efficiency and consistency in your insulating glass manufacturing process, this is the right sealant for you.
- Blend of butyl rubber with other synthetic polymers and resins, which contain no volatile materials
- Available in black and gray
- Can be used as a secondary seal in conjunction with a PIB primary sealant
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
- Quick-setting from molten state
- Compatible with all types of manual and robotic dispensing equipment
- Clean application with no waste (no cleaning or purging of dispensing equipment required)
IG Systems Product Literature
Safety Data Sheet
This page was last updated on November 17, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.