Super Spacer® T-Spacer™
Quanex Super Spacer® T-Spacer™ is designed to satisfy the toughest commercial glazing demands, including silicone structural glazing (SSG), and can be seamlessly integrated into high-speed automated manufacturing thanks to an inner acrylic adhesive seal for immediate unit handling.
T-Spacer utilizes online PIB extrusion at the point of insulating glass (IG) manufacturing. Its triple-seal design is ideally suited to the challenges regularly met by commercial IG spacers and can offer a long-lasting solution for even the most architecturally innovative glass and glazing designs.
It has helped commercial buildings around the world boost their thermal performance while granting the benefits of large-format glass and glazing. For manufacturers and architects alike, T-Spacer is a true solution to every commercial IG need.
- Thermoset, silicone spacer with integral desiccant
- Low thermal conductivity
- Unique triple-seal design
- Inner acrylic adhesive seal for immediate unit handling
- Customer-applied polyisobutylene primary seal
- Customer-applied structural secondary seal
- Excellent durability for sustainable performance
- Meets the criteria for:
- North America ASTM E2188/ E2189/ E2190
- European EN 1279
- Canadian CGSB 12.9
- French Standard CSTB for CEKAL
- LEED® Contribution
- Passive House phA+ certificate for Arctic climate
- ASTM E330 (120* psf positive, 155* psf negative)
- Improved occupancy comfort
- Optimized energy savings
- Substantially reduced perimeter condensation
- Pleasing aesthetic appearance
- Excellent UV resistance, color stability
- Structural strength against wind and snow loads
- Enhanced sound dampening
- Fast spacer application for simplified production with reduced labor
- Robotic application for straight/accurate sightlines
Safety Data Sheet
This page was last updated on October 28, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.