June 08, 2016
Why Does My Marketing Partner Ask So Many Questions?
by Guest Blogger
The short answer: Great marketing starts with great communication.
If a customer came to you and said “make me a window,” you would probably have a lot of questions. What size? What material? What color? What configuration? That’s because to get it right the first time, you need more information.
Marketing works in much the same way. Your business is unique in its voice, its look, its offerings and its value proposition to customers. From brochures and presentations to your website and social media, your marketing needs to reflect who you are as a business.
Whether you work with an agency or supplier on your marketing efforts, the more information you can provide, the more effective the end product is going to be.
Here are the top 10 questions you should be prepared to answer when working with a marketing partner:
- What are you trying to accomplish with this marketing piece and what does success look like to you?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is the one key message you want to convey to your audience?
- What do we want people to think or feel?
- What are the attitudes/beliefs/objections and behavior of the target audience that we need to overcome?
- What is the call to action?
- What is the tone of voice, both for your company and for this communication?
- What do you have currently, what is working, and what is not?
- What are the features and benefits specific to your products/services?
- Do you have or do you need to secure professional photography of your products/services/company/projects?
It’s also helpful to provide examples of pieces that you like and why so that the designer can get a sense for the style you are after.
The bottom line is there is both an art and science to marketing. By providing key pieces of information about your goals and audiences, you will be much farther down the path toward success.
What was your best experience with a marketing partner? Email me directly at Kim.Kress@Quanex.com
For more information about Quanex visit www.quanex.com
June 08, 2016 by Guest Blogger
Filed under: action