MikronWood® Thermal Advantage™ Window System
For the look and feel of wood framing with the performance of extruded materials, the MikronWood® Thermal Advantage™ Window System meets and exceeds builders’ needs for wood composite windows. The solid-core material—a unique blend of thermoplastic alloy resins—delivers increased thermal performance and eliminates moisture absorption, preventing damage caused by rot, mold and insects.
MikronWood is ideal for both cold, high-heat and high-humidity environments, and offers superior thermal performance over competitive frame materials, including hollow PVC, aluminum, fiberglass and wood. Additionally, manufacturers can enjoy MikronWood’s highly stable, solid composition that saws and mills just like wood—with no need for costly diamond-tipped blades, pre-drilling, corner keys, caulking or related cleanup.
The MikronWood Thermal Advantage System is designed for both composite replacement windows and composite new construction windows, offering visual appeal, thermal performance and low maintenance—perfect for energy efficiency and design-conscious consumers.
- 4-1/2” frame depth accommodating up to 1-3/8”-thick insulating glass
- Reduced thermal conductivity with Duralite® and Super Spacer® warm-edge spacer systems
- Weldable and easily bent into radius shapes
- Frame accessory channels for clean lines, easy accessory profile application and versatility
Picture Window, Casement, Awning
- MikronBlend® Solid Vinyl Colors: White, Adobe, Almond
- Real Wood Interior Veneers: Pine, Maple, Cherry
- Perfect for highly efficient triple-glazed glass units
- High visual appeal
- Superior thermal performance and structural strength
- Ideal in cold, high-heat, high-humidity or coastal climates
- Weight of window optimized for structural strength
- Co-extruded flex weather seal for picture window, casement and awning configurations, eliminating the need for tape or wet-sealant glazing
- Available with block frame or with integral nail fin at 1” setback for enhanced versatility
MikronWood’s solid core offers better thermal performance than any other window frame material.
|Material||Thermal Conductivity (K-Value)|
This page was last updated on October 28, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.