MikronWood® 1700 Window System
For the look and feel of wood framing with the advantages of a high-performance composite, the MikronWood® 1700 system is ideal for new construction, featuring a 4 9/16″ frame depth to accommodate 7/8″ insulating glass (IG) units. With optional real wood veneer, this advanced system can be laminated to the window interior, showcasing the warmth and beauty of natural wood.
The solid-core material—a unique blend of thermoplastic alloy resins—is ideal for your wood composite windows. It helps deliver increased thermal performance and eliminates moisture absorption, preventing damage caused by rot, mold and insects.
MikronWood is ideal for both extreme cold and high-heat environments, and offers superior thermal performance over competitive frame materials, including hollow PVC, aluminum, fiberglass and wood. Additionally, manufacturers can enjoy MikronWood’s highly stable, solid composition that saws and mills just like wood—with no need for costly diamond-tipped blades, pre-drilling, corner keys, caulking or related cleanup.
- 4-9/16″ frame depth, optimal for new construction applications
- Reduced thermal conductivity with Duralite® and Super Spacer® warm-edge spacer systems
Single Slider, Tilt Double Hung, Casement, Awning, Picture Window, Sliding Glass Door, In-Swing and Out-Swing Patio Door
- MikronBlend® Solid Vinyl Colors: White, Adobe, Almond
- SuperCapSR™ Exterior Colors: Architectural Bronze, Black, Silver
- Real Wood Interior Veneers: Pine, Maple, Cherry
- Solid core for better thermal performance
- Resistant to water absorption and swelling
- Superior thermal performance and structural strength
- Ideal in cold, high-heat, high-humidity or coastal climates
This page was last updated on November 17, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.