MikronWood® Exterior Door Frame Components
Quanex offers a variety of efficient MikronWood® exterior door frame components, available in both 4 9/16″ and 6 9/16″ in reversible interior/exterior swing door jamb material/head profiles for uncompromising performance in a variety of applications.
MikronWood is a revolutionary composite that offers the beauty of wood with the weather-resistance and maintenance advantages of a composite material. The solid-core material is a blend of thermoplastic alloy resins that includes both polyvinylchloride (PVC) and acrylic-based polymers. This unique resin combination can’t absorb moisture; therefore rot, mold and insects are not an issue. MikronWood is a stable material that’s ideal in cold, high-heat and high-humidity climates—providing improved thermal performance over other entryway door frame and exterior door casement materials, including aluminum, fiberglass and wood.
- 4 9/16″ and 6 9/16″ in reversible interior/exterior swing door jamb/head profiles
- Brickmold trim options
- Screen door adapter strip
- Jamb mull cover
- Available finishes include:
- Standard solid colors: White, adobe, almond
- Superior thermal performance
- Highly stable in all climates
- Formulated for long-term, high-UV exposure
- Drills, mills and shapes similarly to wood
- Never needs paint, stain or clear-coat finish
- Tight, good-looking corner joinery
This page was last updated on November 14, 2022. Downloaded document versions may differ. Please check the individual documents for most current version.