Sveaborg Museum and Fortress (Suomenlinna)

Helsinki, Finland

In 1748, construction began on SVEABORG (literally “fortress of sweden”) to protect Sweden and Finland from Russian attacks. SVEABORG is made up of various islands with several bastions, forts, churches and life surfaces. A new visiting center was opened in 1998, right before the 250 year celebration of these historical islands. The new center was built in an old building, which dates back to the 17th century. For more information, visit: www.suomenlinna.fi/english or http://virtual.fi/finfo/english/suomenlinna.html.
 
Download full case study.

Technical Details:

The Client Sveaborg (Suomenlinna)
The Project Museum and Fortress 
Date of Realization 1998
Architect Studio Laiho-Pulkkinen-Raunio
Types of Glazing and Quantities 75 m² of SGG EGLAS , made with Super Spacer®v