- Home /
- Products /
- Insulating Glass Systems /
- Components, Sealants & Accessories /
- Edgetherm® PIB H-1
Edgetherm® PIB H-1
A high viscosity, high strength, 100% solids sealant based on polyisobutylene polymer formulated to impart reinforcement, resist degradation from ultraviolet light, and provide low moisture permeability.
- Easy application and handling of coated spacer bars.
- High viscosity formula resists shearing in large, heavy lites of glass.
- Excellent adhesion to glass and metal through a wide temperature range.
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate.
- Non-fogging (100% solids).
- Consistent quality.
- Retains flexibility through a wide temperature range to compensate for thermal movement of the insulating glass unit.
- Resists degradation from ultraviolet light and oxidation.
- Available in bulk (slug form: 7.5”D x 9.5” H, 15.5 lb/7 kg) for application by various type extruders.
EdgeTherm PIB-H1 is used as the primary seal on insulating glass units while providing the main moisture vapor seal between the glass and metal spacer. EdgeTherm PIB-H1 must be used with a secondary seal designed to provide structural strength.
|Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate
0.45 g/m²/d, 0.060” fi lm, 100° F,
|ASTM F 1249|
|Shear Resistance @ 2 psi
Time to displace 0.2” 28 minutes
Time to displace 1.0” 75 minutes
|Weight per Gallon (Specific Gravity)
Black: 9.34 lb/U.S. gal (1.12 g/cc)
|ASTM D 5|