Quality Control Process
At Quanex, we focus on quality from start to finish.
Tight specifications are in place to ensure profiles meet Basic Tolerances, Angularity, Flatness, Bow, Surface Gloss & Quality, Cut Lengths, Color and location of in-line punching like nail fin holes. Quality processes continually measure production samples through Quantum Statistical Process Controls and Scan2CAD and state-of-technology imaging software to compare production profiles against original drawings. These processes accurately connect the daily production floor to your approved engineered profile specifications.
Also, our testing often spells the difference between failure and success. To give you the utmost confidence in our products, we routinely conduct 14 quality assurance tests. Quanex exceeds American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) testing by conducting seven additional Quanex Quality assurance tests.
Quanex is a charter member of the AAMA Lineal Certification program and all our major profiles are AAMA-certified, ASTM-tested and Energy Star-approved. Quanex uses the following industry-standard AAMA and ASTM tests:
Industry Standard AAMA Tests:
- AAMA-Quanex Heat Resistance Test
- AAMA-Quanex Weatherability Test
- AAMA-Quanex Dimensional Stability Test
- AAMA-Quanex Impact Resistance Test
- AAMA-Quanex Tensile Strength Test
- AAMA-Quanex Weight Tolerance Test
- AAMA-Quanex Corner Weld Test
Additional Quanex Tests
- Quanex Resin and Additives Test
- Quanex Compound Test
- Quanex Heat Absorption Test
- Quanex Accelerated Weathering Test
- Quanex Deflection Temperature Test
- Quanex Statistical Process Control
- Quanex Desert Climate Test